- Carefully built with selected and well tested high quality components and Electronics,
- Uses proven DJI Flight controller, GPS Compass Technology for precision flight suiting beginners to advanced pilots
- Highly customized for your pleasant Aerial filming experience and
- Flight tested and fully tweaked for best flight performance plus to make sure everything works perfect, before shipping to you.
Now many of those out there who are wondering what makes this package so costly?
We have the right answer. Watch the following videos and read the following text, and you will know, in fact this is a very affordable RTF package seeing the amount of work we put into this carefully built obedient machine of yours that requires
- Professional knowledge and experience to put this machine together
- Lots of testing to find out the right match of electronics, and power system
- experience to install electronics right (one wrong connection can burn 1000$ of equipment in an instant)
- Extensive flight experience to tweak the settings for best flight performance.
- And continuous testing together with customer feedback to improve this package.
Now what does it take to actually build this Obedient flying Puppy of yours?
- I, AliShanMao (http://www.youtube.com/alishanmao) personally communicate with customers prior to their order to find out their aerial filming needs. I do not push customer to buy this package but personally I try to find out which of the OFM Multirotor will best suite the customer’s need.
- Once i and customer is satisfied and knows this is the machine customer needs, we go ahead with ordering process. Once order is received, building process begins.
We can certainly hire people to assemble these machines but again, we can not trust the work done by others. That is why we call it the highly customized package because we build it for you, not for mass production.
- I personally build / assemble the OFM-650 V4 for each and every RTF Order
- It takes 5 hours to assemble the Quadcopter together with Dual axis Stabilized camera mount. This all includes installing motors and ESCs during assembly and making sure each motor is horizontally parallel to Frame and is balanced on its arm. If one of the motors is mounted on slight angle, quadcopter might spin on its own slowly while flying. So I do take care of this point.
- Do not forget the soldering work to test various type of connectors with this machine that we put into it before getting mass produced pre soldered connectors.
- unlike other companies providing RTF quadcopters that rain the screws down during flight, I believe OFM-650 V4 won’t do that. I personally make sure each screw going to metal is properly loctite (use thread lock on each screw going to metal) so there is no way the screws will fall off during flight.
Check these time lapse build videos. Note: These are old videos. For the newer current offer of X650 V4, the task has become even more tedious and requires even more careful build. I personally put a lot of work and personal care to build each machines for my customers. I build X650 V4 RTF machines for my customers with same care and personal touch that I would use for my own personal machines. That is my aim, to provide my customers the personal AliShanMao touch, so that when they fly the machine, they will know, it came all the way from OnlyFlyingMachines.
Finished Product in Action
Old version Time lapse builds
Flight controller Installation and setup
- Connecting DJI Wookong M Autonomous flight control and NAZA flight controller to 8Ch Futaba Receiver R2008SB 2.4ghz S-FHSS Receiver right, need prior knowledge and experience
- Connectors are made on DJI Naza Versatile unit.
- Flight controller, GPS, Receiver, Versatile unit are installed onto frame making sure everything is precisely pointing in right direction and flight controller is vibration proof.
- Camera mount servos are connected to right ports.
- I then setup a new model (I do not copy model data from other radio) on Futaba T8J (A quality Radio offering solid 1km range) as each customer needs might be different and Radio programming has to match those needs.
- A prayer is made before connecting the Battery to Fully assembled and electronics installed quadcopter (One wrong connection simply means starting over from zero) trust me on this one. This prayer is very essential
- Once power is connected and normal beeps from motors (no mysterious smoke and no heart stopping smell is there) is heard, I proceed to connecting the Flight controller to computer and program it as per customer’s need.
- After the programming of Flight controller is done, I test fly the machine at home.
- Some more tweaking is done on flight controller if needed and then later time we head out to flight test the Machine for all of its features, GPS Position hold, Altitude hold etc.
- More tweaking is done if needed on Radio programming.
- Once I am satisfied with the performance machine is taken back to home and waits for packing and shipment.
Packing and Shipping
All the stuff is carefully wrapped in bubble paper and machine is packed together with all the additional goodies offered with this package using Foam and more bubble paper into a box.
We then humbly say good bye to your Machine and its shipped to you with best wishes that you will be having tons of blast time shooting great aerial films with it.
Is it over yet?
No its not. Once the machine is arrived at customer’s place, and customer is ready to fly it. we sit down and do a skype call training session that can last for an hour and depending upon customer’s understanding we do multiple skype sessions.
Extra Goodies you get
Apart from the service and quality components like
- Quality Electronics and Power setup
- Well trusted Futaba Technology and a great new generation Radio system
- Proven DJI Flight control and GPS technology
Check out what this machine can do here.
What else do you need?
Now sit down and ask for yourself. Is this package still worth for what you pay for it?
If you still answer it No, we highly recommend you to buy the ARF version of this machine and build it yourself to find out if this RTF package is still worth for its cost or not.
Its clear, we do not just charge you for quality components, but the professional amount of work and time we put into this machine and service, support and training we offer.
We thank you once again for your interest in our Multirotors and products and all of your support.